Saturday, April 18, 2009

Twitter...friend or foe?

Hi - I've been "tweeting" this week and was going to write about how odd it is. Was going to ask you if knowing what I'm doing all day added any value to your life at all?

On the upside though it is sort of cool to "chat" with colleagues throughout the day. But I'm not really one for pointless, time wasting chit chat around the coffee machine or water cooler and that really is what Twitter is all about. Or so I thought...

Then this morning I finally had time to follow a link and I found this.


Twestival Drill Day 4 - Well Complete from charity: water in Ethiopia from charity: water on Vimeo.

Something I'm very interested in and dream about doing. This morning because of Twitter I felt like I was a part of it. Wow.

So Twitter gets a reprieve. You can decide for yourself if my life is interesting enough for you. If it is maybe you could come to Canada and we could actually have a conversation over a coffee and make eye contact.

I'll tweet for another week and think about it again. You can follow me if you like(@kimberleycanada).

Oh what the heck....I'll ask anyway. Does following me on twitter or seeing my tweets on this blog add any value to your life at all?

Thank you for spending time here.

5 comments:

  1. Started to respond here - but it got too long. So now it's now a blog.

    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post Laurie. Very good points. Check it out everyone. I do need to learn how to socialize more and Laurie I had a burrito for lunch. Very big one.
    k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kimberley. Now you've caused me a problem though. I was debating whether to eat healthy or to order a pizza. I am now thinking a burrito is in order.

    Decisions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still hesitant about twitter too. You figure that for a web guy like me I would have been all over it years ago but I've never really decided if the distraction from work (or playtime) is worth the effort. Let me know what you decide. Time will tell I suppose.

    Great video tho. I'm doing my own personal water project for 3 schools in Uganda right now and I'm anxious to see how it goes. Close to my heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - I want more info on the Uganda project!

    Twitter is winning me over. I love meeting people and networking and my world moves very fast - tweeting has been fun. YES a huge distraction though. Really needs discipline. Thanks for reading this blog and commenting Mark. I hope you did go for that ride this am. k

    ReplyDelete