Saturday, January 24, 2009

Coming Together to Talk About the Economic Crisis

In my post "snap out of it" I ranted a bit about the deluge of articles, messages, advice and reminders that we are in a very serious economic crisis. I do think these messages have potential to distract us and turn us into victims of the economic crisis rather then inspire us to roll up our sleeves and get to work. We can't let that happen. Jonathon Grapsas agreed and imposed a ban on all recession talk for a week. Good for you Jonathon!

It is important to be pragmatic without becoming too negative. It is impossible and dangerous to completely ignore what is happening. In October I predicted that our majors donors who provide donations of securities simple wouldnt' give this year. I met with them all at the end of 2008 and I was right. They couldn't give - they needed to rebuild their investment portfolio. Rather then getting a donation the strategy became to simply maintain the relationship. We need to stay closer than ever to our donors right now.

Fortunately Canadian Fundraiser and Pareto Fundraising are coming together to help us not only to survive but also to thrive. On February 17, 2009 there is a fantastic day planned to help us all during these challenging times. If you only go to one workshop this year - I think this one should be it!

I look forward to learning, exchanging ideas and developing strategies together on February 17, 2008. See you there.

Thank you for spending time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment